Thursday, June 18, 2009

Ummm. Less than optimal. I just drove into town for a burger (dining hall not yet operational) and as soon as I pull out of A&W the serpentine belt snaps. So I'm faced with a dillemna: do I find a mechanic or head back to the loaf with a rapidly overheating convertible? Since i have no cell phone at the moment I decide to risk it. As soon as I reach Ripton, after ignoring the car's visual pleas that she's getting to hot, a new bell sounds and I get a flashing message that "Engine Overheating Stop Engine". I pull off 125 (a tricky feat) and pop the hood. I hear a gurgling under the bell sound. It's boiling coolant?
I stop and fish for a while until the car cools. No luck, though.
I drive it the rest of the way up and pop the hood again. I'm gonna go back down and see if that damn bell has stopped.
I can hear students banging around down stairs. Not feeling ready to face anybody yet.

1 comment:

  1. We got married not far from Ripton...at the Blueberry Hill Inn in Goshen Vermont, run by my friend Tony Clarke. 23 years and counting. We got our marriage license from the gun-toting grass-growing town clerk in Goshen...what a trip!

    ReplyDelete